Bitcoin Will Replace the Dollar: Jack Dorsey
Bitcoin will exchange the greenback Jack Dorsey mentioned on Tuesday, in response to a tweet by rapper Cardi B.
- Cardi B broadly requested if crypto would exchange the U.S. currency to which Dorsey replied “Yes, Bitcoin will.”
Yes, Bitcoin will
— jack⚡️ (@jack) December 21, 2021
- The co-founder and former CEO of Twitter is a giant supporter of crypto, and has expressed his help for bitcoin since at the very least 2018. In August, he tweeted that “Bitcoin will unite a deeply divided country. (and eventually: world).”
- Dorsey left the social media big final month to concentrate on fintech agency Block, previously often known as Square. During his tenure as Twitter CEO, the platform enabled bitcoin tipping and promised it’ll combine NFT authentication.
- The worth of bitcoin is presently hovering round $48,900 at press time.
- Parag Agrawal, the brand new CEO of Twitter, has been closely concerned in decentralized initiatives within the firm.
UPDATE (Dec. 21, 08:53 UTC): Adds extra particulars in third and fourth bullet. Adds bitcoin worth in fifth bullet.
Read extra: Five Things to Know About Twitter’s New CEO Parag Agrawal